Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Why, you may ask?
I haven't the slightest clue.
The world's just really looking up for me right now, the future looking bright. To quote the last stanza of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's "The Rainy Day":
Be still, sad heart and cease repining.
Behind the clouds, the sun is still shining.
Thy fate is the common fate of all.
Into each life, some rain must fall.
Some days must be dark and dreary.
After a rough couple months, I'm finally starting to feel really good again and loving myself for it.
And I've made some pretty darn good muffins (just ask the people near me in my history class.)
Productive Gabbi, signing out.
Song of the day: "Love Bug" -The Jonas Brothers (Once again, don't judge me!)
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Song of the day: "Born This Way" -Lady GaGa
Monday, January 31, 2011
Why, you may ask? Well it happens to be because of this little sorting quiz that can be found....
I'm about halfway through Prisoner of Azkaban, and I have made my end of series prediction that's probably so far off.
Dumbledore is revealed to be on Voldemort's side, so Snape kills him to save Harry, then Voldemort kills Snape, and then Voldemort and Harry have a long-awaited face off.
(No spoilers, please.)
Draco Malfoy is smoking hot.
Song of the day: "Backstabber" -Ke$ha
Sunday, January 16, 2011
My Vantage Point
There's madness in the world.
Madness of all kind.
Look at the world around you.
It's not that hard to find.
There's earthquakes and diseases,
Fires and oil spills,
Racism and massacres,
The people themselves are the worst;
Loud and mean and cruel.
With all the hate in the world,
There's almost always a duel.
But I see none of that;
It's non-existent to me.
The world in which I live,
Is beautiful and carefree.
Warm colored sunsets,
And brightly colored flowers.
There's beauty all around me,
There's beauty at all hours.
Acres of green grass,
Skies so terribly blue,
Raindrops and rainbows,
A deep, warm sun too.
The people in this world
Are most beautiful of all.
People of all sizes,
Some big, others small.
In their own special way.
Unique and terrific,
Great from day to day.
Case in point, evil,
Is what a lot of people see.
But me, I see beauty,
Beauty all around me.
Song of the Day: "Emergency" -Paramore
Friday, January 14, 2011
- Your combination of abstract thinking, appreciation of beauty, and cautiousness makes you a DREAMER.
- You often imagine how things could be better, and you have very specific visions of this different future.
- Beauty and style are important to you, and you have a discerning eye when it comes to how things look.
- Although you often think more broadly, you prefer comfort to adventure, choosing to stay within the boundaries of your current situation.
- Your preferences for artistic works are very refined, although you vastly prefer some types and styles to others.
- Though your dreams are quite vivid, you are cautious in following up on them.
- You are aware of both your positive and negative qualities, so that your ego doesn't get in your way.
- A sense of vulnerability sometimes holds you back, stifling your creative tendencies.
- You're not one to force your positions on a group, and you tend to be fair in evaluating different options.
- You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.
- You are a fashion maven, up on trends, but distinct in your own style. You don't follow trends, you set them.
- Your imagination is a wonderful asset, but don't just dream—be bold enough to take action and explore new things!
- Consider a wider range of details and possibilities when thinking about the present and the future—don't be too set in your ways.
- Your understanding of others' emotions, your sense of right and wrong, and your skeptical nature make you CONCERNED.
- Your observations of your environment, in concert with your clearly defined worldview, leads you to be aware of the feelings of others.
- Because you can read people well, and because you can understand their feelings, you are often bothered by others' insensitive behavior.
- While you appreciate others' emotional nature, you don't think their emotional concerns should take precedence over their obligations to society.
- You prefer to be in smaller groups, as big groups can occasionally get out of hand.
- Order and structure are somewhat important to you—you believe that people's feelings are better protected when others are respectful and follow certain societal guidelines.
- You tend to share your feelings with a few individuals who are close with you, but otherwise you are a somewhat private person.
- Let your caring nature allow you to put more trust in people in general—you can have more faith in them without losing your valuable skepticism.
Trust in others: 18%
Attention to style: 96%
Earthy/Imaginative: 26% (leaning more towards the imaginative side)
Aesthetic/Functional: 80% (leaning more towards the aesthetic side)
And that's moi!
(P.S. If you want yourself evaluated, go to http://www.personaldna.com/ )
Song of the Day: Misery Business
Monday, December 27, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
The students' announcements were lengthy - the longer roll call was, the shorter first period would be - and filled with double entendres: "Boys' soccer is practicing on Coates Field today, which, if you don't know where it is, is behind the headmaster's house, and if you still don't know where it is, ask Fred. Where are you, Fred? You wanna raise your hand, man? There's Fred, everyone see Fred? Okay, so Coates Field. And remember - bring your balls."
I can tell this is going to be a great book. So finals are starting this week, and basically, I'm screwed. Seriously. Even worse, two of my hardest classes, Geometry and English, are on my birthday. Yay me. *sarcasm hand raised*
Well I'm feeling a little under the weather today, and I watched The Sound of Music over the weekend, so..........
♪♫ These are a few of my favorite things! ♪♫
- Christmas movie (especially Elf)
- My super awesomesauce friends (Love ya, guys!)
- Eating with mi amigas at lunch (as crazy/hectic/awful as y'all are)
- My awesomesauce twisted twin, Mika
- Sparklers! (The people)
- Sparklers! (The fireworks)
- Listening to music
- My lemon scented perfume and lotion
- The creepy Spongebob piggy bank that is staring at me as we speak
- Sketchy Santas
- Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging
- My lovely Logan Lerman poster :) (HE'S MINE, MIKA!)
- Getting ranked 1st speaker in debate rounds
- Having epic conversations with Rachel about Neopets (Immaturity FTW!)
- Finally having a clean room
- Snow :)
- Old camp videos
- Books coming out in my favorite series (PJO, A Touch Series, etc...)
- Getting my posts published on Sparklife! (Like this and this)
- Dan Bergstein's "Blogging Twilight"
- Doing 7 more push-ups in a minute than last time
- Owning at badminton (High five, G!)
- My awesomesauce bottle cap belt
- This (Epic, or what?!)
- Milk chocolate chips
- Sims 3
- Greek Mythology (Apollo pwns)
- Being a daughter of Apollo :)
- Not having a job
- Waking up to "Animal" by Neon Trees
- Pride & Prejudice & Zombies
- Flash drives (don't ask me why)
- Merry Christmas, Drake and Josh (Never fails to make me smile)
- Hot cocoa
- When Blogspot stops making posts difficult to create (HINT HINT!)
- Christmas trees
- White Christmases
- NOT having finals on my birthday
- Candy Canes
- The Pi song! (Seriously, how epic/addictive is it?!)
- Singing in the shower
- Hanging out with C, N, and L in Spanish
- And finally...... potatoes. Yes, potatoes.