Who would win in a fight?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Welcome to the World of Edgey!

Alright.
I gave in.
I've finally created my own blog.
I haven't really gotten the hang of this yet, so I'll just post a story of what happened last night at my grandma's birthday party last night.
So it was my grandma's birthday yesterday, and she's Mexican, so she wanted to go out to eat at a Mexican restaurant.
We get there and I helped my cousin with her math homework.
So then, everyone ordered (I got a beef taco and beans. Yum!)
Halfway through with my food, my sister whispers to me that somehow I need to tell them that it's my grandma's birthday. So I ask my cousin if she'll come with me to go "to the bathroom".
I started heading towards the front of the store, until my cousin stopped me.
"Uh, the bathrooms are this way," and she points in the opposite direction.
This was going to be harder than I thought.
We went to the bathrooms and created a plan. So I went and asked my grandpa for the car keys so my cousin and I could "grab something from the car".
We headed out to the car and I grabbed the only thing I could think of.
A jolly rancher.
This is where it gets complicated.
My cousin and I walked back into the restaurant, but we had to sneak underneath the windows so my family couldn't see us. We went up to the front desk and I tell them that it's my grandma's birthday and I go into detail describing what she looks like. After I finally finish, the lady says,
"Sorry, I don't know who she is and I can't help you."
*facepalm*
She starts telling us about how we'll have to talk to the waiter, and she can't go get him because she doesn't know who it is, blah blah blah.
Thanks for your help.
Thankfully, our waiter comes by just then, and we tell him how it's my grandma's birthday. He says ok. Thank Goodness.
So to keep our cover, we had to crawl back underneath the windows and then walk back in front of them.
We go back to the table, only to hear that my grandma doesn't wanting them know it's her birthday.
Oops.
About 10 minutes later, we hear all the employees cheering and they walk over with a huge sombrero and ice cream. They start singing happy birthday to her and my grandma turns beet red. The waiter then attempts to feed her a bite of ice cream and it slips off the spoon and falls onto her shirt!
What a good waiter.
And I think my uncle was drunk because every time the waiter said something, he responded with,
"tu mama".
That means "your mom" in English.
I'm guessing it wasn't one of her best birthdays.
Well that's my first blog post.
And I'll also be posting my poem of the day and my song of the day.
Edgey's Poem of the Day: The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Edgey's Song of the Day: Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz (I can't get it out of my head!)
Toodles!


5 comments:

  1. Yay! First follower and commenter!

    That story is hilarious xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog so far and plan to follow it. This is xXx_lola_xXx by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. EDGEY! welcome to the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Edgey! LOL at the tu mama bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im happy you got your own blog
    (its paper just so you know)

    ReplyDelete