Who would win in a fight?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mika's Awesomesauce Fanfiction Story

No time for a blog post today.
Thankfully, Mika gave me a character in her awesomefull fanfiction story. (I'm Gabrielle)
Here it is!

It felt good to be back at home.
The way I felt when I walked through the grounds of camp was hard to explain. It felt saddening this year, my last year as a camper. I walked around, talking to the newer campers and helping with the horses and the canoeing. Mostly what I’m good at. I also help in the sword ring, being the second best swordsman in the whole camp. I walked slowly towards the Fighting Arena and watched the campers interact. I’d been gone for 9 months, and decided to come back for my last summer. I heard yelling coming from the arena and sped up. “Get him!” someone screamed in a playful tone.

I walked in and saw a girl with long red hair in the middle of the arena, whipping around in circles, holding two cutlasses. She was tall, with long slender legs and a small, thin stomach, which was revealed by her belly shirt. She was smiling and kept saying “C’mon, Connor,” in a sweet tone. “Just give up!” Connor Stoll was panting across from her, trying to hold her off. I watched as the girl sliced through the air with amazing skill and grace. Connor managed to knock the cutlass from her left hand, baring her to just one cutlass. She smiled happily as she swung at him repeatedly. I finally figured what this girl was doing; she was cornering her prey, and leaving no opening.

I watched as Connor’s back hit the wall, and the flash of fear in his eyes. Hades, I’d be afraid, too. This girl was lethal. He dropped his weapon and the girl let out a triumphant cry of victory. “You win, again,” Connor moaned miserably as he was walking back to the crowd. There was a fury of claps as the red-head took a bow and picked up her cutlass. “Right, then, Connor,” she said, turning to face the crowd of demigods, roaring with her praises. “Jog on, love. Next, anyone?” I don’t know what propelled me to step forward, maybe it was the smug look in her eye, or just that I was bored. “I’ll go, if you don’t mind?”

Her face suddenly became confused, and she spun her two weapons around her hands, sliding them back into her holders. “I don’t know you, do I? Are you, like, new? Or old and just haven’t been ‘round?” I smiled and pulled out Riptide, my pen-sword, from my back pocket. “I’ve just been finishing up my last year at Goode High School, in the city,” She nodded and I continued. “My name’s Percy, son of Poseidon, god of the Sea. Yours?” She smiled and stuck out her hand, letting me shake it. “The name’s Andy Johnson, daughter of Zeus, god of the Sky.” I laughed and looked in her electric blue eyes, watching the flashes of gray in them. “Isn’t Andy a boy name?”

She squeezed my hand and glared. “Isn’t Percy a gay name? Don’t pick on my nickname!” She turned around and headed towards the other side of the Arena, her long hair flowing effortlessly behind her. “Well, what’s your real name?” She didn’t stop walking, until she reached the other side of the field. “Andromeda-and yours?” I heard a laugh from the crowd and watched as my ex-girlfriend, Annabeth (long story, let’s just say she likes guys from Olympus better than me), walked from the huddle of people. “His name’s Perseus!” She giggled. I was confused, how was my name funny? “Omigawds, really? That’s never happened to me before!” I sighed and looked from Andromeda to Annabeth, waiting for them to explain. “What’s so funny about my name being Perseus?”

“My name is Andromeda, and I was named after the most beautiful mortal princess ever, like, she one-upped Helen of Troy. And she was chained to a rock because she was so pretty and everyone called her the prettiest girl ever – even prettier than Poseidon’s Nereid-chicks,” Andy started. “So, she was left dangling from a rock, so that the Kracken, or whatever could eat her. But, while the beast was preparing to eat her, Perseus showed up and killed it with the head of the Gorgon, Medusa. They then got married.” She giggled and whispered something to Annabeth, making them both burst into a fit of giggles.

I shrugged and uncapped Riptide, ready to get on with the fight that I’d been promised. Annabeth backed up and Andy took out her cutlasses, spinning them at full speed. “Bring it, lover boy,” she said. I ran at her, trying to confuse her, but she just side-stepped and whacked me on the back, making me fall to my knees. “Aw, you’d bow for the daughter of Zeus? How sweet!” she laughed and swung her two blades, ready to slice me. I tumbled out of the way, nearly smacking into her right cutlass.

I slapped her wrist, making her drop her weapons, and grab her wrists in pain. She turned and started to run off. I laughed, and the moment I did she froze and put her hand on the bun in her hair. She pulled the stick that was holding it, letting the curls tumble down. I then noticed that it wasn’t a stick she was carrying, but a knife. She turned and threw the blade, and I watched as it whizzed across the arena towards me. It landed in the wall next to my hip.

She slowly walked over with a sultry grin on her face. I swallowed hard, begging my teenage hormones to behave themselves. She pressed up against me, clutching her knife, “I remain undefeated,” she muttered in a husky whisper. “See ya at the Capture the Flag game.” She turned and walked off, leaving me in a twist of fear and wanting.



☼ ☼ ☼



The sounds of demigods running through the woods kept me alert for Andy. She was captaining the opposing team and I was nervous. Before we started, she gave me a quick warning. I thought about the way she stared me down as she said, “Watch every corner, watch every moment, I give no mercy, lover boy.” I sighed and turned to find myself face-to-face with the she-devil herself, sporting a triumphant grin. “Oh, gods, did I just walk into a-” She cut me off by pressing her lips to mine, pushing me back into the tree and wrapping her arms around me.

My first reaction was shock. Pure shock. I’d just met Andy, and now we were making-out in the middle of the woods, while everyone could clearly see us. I started to kiss back, ignoring the murmurs of the nymphs, satyrs and demigods around us. Suddenly, she pulled back, and when I tried to grab her and pull her back to me for another kiss, my hands were bound together with ropes that led to her hand. I was being taken prisoner. Laughter ran out through the woods as they saw the trap I fell into. “Epic, Andy!” someone shouted as Andy took a low bow. “Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all week!”

She pulled me along, taking me to the edge of the woods and to the area where her team was celebrating with... our flag. “Oh, c’mon!” I groaned as she took me to the center of the group. I looked around for a person willing to help me, but no one came forward. Annabeth was just laughing with her friends. I looked down in shame as Andy circled me. A small girl stepped out of the crowd with an angry look on her face. “Hey!” she snapped, making Andy stop and give her a glare that could melt the skin off anyone. “And, who are you?” She said, stepping towards the girl, sizing her up. “Gabrielle Harrison, daughter of the Sun god, Apollo.” They stared each other down, and I could feel the I-am-better-than-you waves flowing through the air.

Gabrielle pulled out a sword and pointed it at Andy. “Let him go, Andromeda.” Andy laughed and touched my face, stroking my cheek. “Nah, I’ll keep him to myself.” Gabrielle charged with a scream and struck weapons with Andy. I watched in horror as they fought over me, making me have a bit of self-worth. Gabrielle fell to the ground and groaned, ready to get up and take on Andy, but Andy kicked her stomach, making her double over in pain.

Suddenly, a girl about 5 feet tall with short blond hair and sharp hassle eyes, wearing a black-smith style outfit and a aviator-style hat broke out of the crowd. She was a camp councilor who had given up collage to be at camp. I recognized her as Fiyera, the daughter of Hephaestus. She was an amazing armorer at Camp Half-Blood who made nearly every sword in camp. “Break it up, ladies!” She snapped, pulling back Gabrielle and Andy. "I’ll take her! She’ll wish her little butt never told Andromeda Echo Johnson-Skylark what to do!” Andy screamed, kicking as Fiyera dragged her off.


Edgey's poem of the day: "The Rum Tum Tugger" by T.S. Eliot
Edgey's song of the day: "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I LOVED this :D

    I've never seen the movie but this made me want to see this even more than I already did

    ReplyDelete